Chiaki's Next Big Thing?

Chiaki Kuriyama played Takako Chigusa in Battle Royale and is Go Go Yubari in Kill Bill.
IrvyXP

10 Feb 2006, 21:13 #1

is chiaki going to do something as big as Kill Bill again in the west or is she going to hide away into the shadows?
her site is impossible for me a mere english boy to read, i have to get my half chinese/half japanese friend to help me out!
well i know a hell of a lot of people now who have fallen for her picture perfect body and beautiful eyes but we need to see more of her!
at least she is making an impact on the west like kill bill and the ecko advert, she needs to do more of it though.
is it true that fat joe asked out chiaki on the production of the ecko advert or is it a stupid rumour?

IrvyXP

10 Feb 2006, 21:17 #2

stupid rumour, my mate just made it up randomly
do you think she will have another big hit though? i know she is still young but japanese actors dont do very well in the west. the biggest success i can think of is ken watanobe (i think is the right name) from last samurai but hes hidden away now!
maybe she'll have a music career Image

geesehoward4life

13 Feb 2006, 20:13 #3

From what I have seen and heard we may well have seen the last of Chiaki-chan. I have heard no news of her learning any English so besides limited cameo type appearances I don't realistically see how she could star in any American film without knowing any English at all.
She is definitely keeping busy with her Japanese Commercials and she even has a few TV spots, but I am wondering since Tarantino called her his Japanese Uma, when will he put one of her movies on his "Tarantino Presents" list so she can get some more exposure.
I have some ideas on a personal level, but I am in no position to do anything at all. I have no clue how an entirely subtitled movie would go over here in the States. It is very up-in-the-air with these things here.

18 Feb 2006, 06:55 #4

America is not the world, that's all I say.

geesehoward4life

18 Feb 2006, 10:39 #5

Akimoto 05 what exactly do you mean with your comment?
I know a question was asked and I answered it, but I don't get where your comment comes in. No one said that America was "the world", whatever that means.
Chiaki said she wanted to do more American films in one of her interviews.

IrvyXP

18 Feb 2006, 22:03 #6

what he was trying to say was that america may not like subtitles but i know the UK dont mind. UK loves japanese movies! Hero was a massive success and crouching tiger was huuuge! the release of subtitled films in the UK doesnt really affect it in fact all the japanese films released here have gone number one of my memory.

geesehoward4life

22 Feb 2006, 07:48 #7

Crouching Tiger and Hero did fine here as well and both were subtitled, but I do not believe that was his point.
Like I said before; I never said that America was the world. So for him to say what he said has no point in the conversation, especially since SHE SAID she wanted to do more AMERICAN MOVIES.
Don't shot the messenger. Image If you have a beef with what she said then find a way to take it up with her.

IrvyXP

08 Mar 2006, 20:14 #8

if i was goin to take up anything with her it would be bedroom activities Image Image

Syoma

01 Apr 2006, 09:21 #9

I hope we can have a killbill sidestory moie about gogo!

StriderXero007

09 Apr 2006, 15:50 #10

I don't know if any of you heard, but Chiaki is going to be Jun Kazama in the TEKKEN movie. This came to a shock to me as I'm sure it will you. In my opinion this huge cuz I'm a huge Tekken fan and CK fan.